My latest dilemma...
I got these new shoes for Christmas.
I have paired them with jeans.
And once with a skirt.
But I think these ladies are begging for a dress.
Can anyone help me?
I have practically no fashion sense.
I think that might have all gone to my niece Brinley.
Brinley?
Are you there?
My budget is slim.
My waistline is bigger.
(ps the photo I received so many compliments on two posts back...
I have a confession...
2 years old, pre-baby number 3)
Sigh.
Any ideas?
Help!
Update: Parley has stayed asleep without night terrors for two nights now! Woot! And to my sister who offered babysitting if we move to Utah- you play dirty! Although, we did receive the AAPD directory yesterday, and there some areas of Utah that could possible use a pediatric dentist. Hmmm.... we shall see. Unscientific poll: those of you who have children, do you take your child to a pediatric dentist, a general dentist, or no dentist? I would love to know why you choose the way you do.
12 comments:
To answer the Dentist question. You know me. I am pediatric dentist all the way. But, having said that, Lindsay has only seen the Dr. I worked for because she bit her tongue really bad and it freaked me out, and while we were in Utah she only saw my Uncle. Those appointments were just for checkups. They basically just showed her all of the stuff. But, she has an appointment with a pediatric dentist this month. I like to know that they have extra training. On a side note, Vernal is one of those places that needs a pediatic dentist. Cute shoes by the way.
pediatric dentist all the way! i figure: if a person CHOOSES to work with children -- and puts in extra time in school to do that -- then my kids will be in good hands. and, more importantly, a person who has CHOSEN to work with children may be more understanding of the occasional anxiety-induced vomit episodes brought to the office by yours truly.
oh, and sassy shoes! i'll give some thought to a dress...and pass your post along to brins.
In respect to your shoe question Michelle M. would be a good help. She always has the cutest clothes coupled with really fun shoes. Like on Sunday she wore a black dress with hot pink alligator pumps. I always tend to get either dark brown or black shoes to go with everything. First because I have HUGE feet and some stores don't even carry my size and second, because I don't have the courage to wear fun shoes even if I get them.
In respect to dentist we go to a pediatric dentist. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Marne! Didn't know you had a blog. Your family is adorable! I really like those shoes. I love dresses from Down East and Target. You can buy Down East online. I prefer a pediatric dentist and plan on taking my daughter to one but, our dental insurance has come and gone so we haven't yet. Hopefully soon!
ok I'm going to break the mold and say General dentist, and I think you know why. but bias aside I really do believe that it truly depends on the dentist and the pratice itself. There are some guys in the pediatric program that despite their training I wouldn't choose to take my kids too because of their chairside manner. I think it all comes down to who interacts best with my kids...it might be a general or it might be a perdiatric. It just depends on the individual I feel most comfortable with regardless of title. and on that note Randy will be successful because he has a warm personality.
oh and on the fashion sense...I've got nothing sorry...I've always looked to you to see what's in style!
General Dentist! The "real money" is in implants, full restorative cases, and crowns. Randy could market that he had pediatric training. . . however, I am biased.
Marne,
Thanks for the cute booties! I love them. I am also using the G-diapers. What do you use for the lining? Right now I am using the disposable/flushable kind that came with the diapers, but I want to use a cloth liner like you do. Just wondering. Cute shoes, but I am the least fashion savy person around...I mean I've been wearing crocs for the last three months!
Ok, I read the blog the day you wrote it and I didn't know what to say then. Megan really put a lot of pressure on me. My biggest concern is that I believe you have to try things on before you buy them. I love the dresses at Down East Basics, but I never buy from the store unless I am in Provo and can try on the clothes. I don't buy clothes for me on the internet. I am a shopper. I look around at all stores to find what is right for my curvy body. Then I go for price. Bring the shoes with you on a shopping trip. Try on dresses while wearing the shoes, that always helps. I really like the shoes and would probably wear them with my brown pants to work, but they are really cute, they could be worn with a dress.
OK Madi and Payton went to a Family Dentist Tuesday. I went there because the girls finally have my insurance and I know Dr. Smith takes my insurance. Dr. Smith's dad was a pediatric dentist and when he died she took over some of his patients. She was awesome. The kids loved going. Madi keeps asking my when she can go back to my dentist. She says it was awesome. I keep telling her she will be going back very soon because she needs 4 crowns and 3 fillings. She has some bad teeth. I feel like they did a great job. Even Payton loved it. She keeps showing people her clean teeth. They gave me all the paperwork to prepare for Madi's sedation. I feel comfortable that she is in good hands.
Michelle-
I'm glad you found someone you like. And I'm really glad maddi likes going. :) always important. is that general doc going to sedate her? what kind- all they way under, or oral sedation? Thanks for the advice with a dress. You would die here- the mall is a good 45 minutes a way! See my dillema?
They are sedating Madi. I have to show up 1 hour early so they can get her going on it. I am 99% sure it is the "laughing gas." They told me it could make her sleepy and they were hoping she could make it to one hour in the chair.
I am sorry the mall is 45 minutes away. Is there a clothes shop in town? In Rexburg the mall was an hour away, but they had a clothes shop in town. Is there at least a Target? They have cute dresses. You could buy a dress on-line and return it if it doesn't work out. Or maybe it is a good excuse to have a girls day out! Good luck!
Marne-
I'm so glad to have found your blog! (Thanks to Tara's) Your family is so cute! And Tucker has grown up so much! Aiden did something the other day and Garrett said "Do you remember Tucker Blair? That reminds me of him." So cute!!
I know its a bit late -- but the question on the dentist ....
I pick pediatric dentist! It's one of the first things I did when we moved -- get recommendations on good ones. We tried one, and he was great right up until filling time. Then he wouldn't let me be near the chair because it would "freak him (Parker) out", and when Parker said it still hurt, he said "No it doesn't, you're just telling yourself that." ..... Are you calling him a liar??? I could be a bit sensitive when it comes to my kids, but that guy is history! We are switching to a new pediatric dentist -- one that allows parents chair-side.
OK that was a long answer, but I choose a pediatric dentist who is actually good, gentle and understanding with kids AND parents on the sidelines.
Keep up the fun blogging! I love to see how everyone is doing! Be sure to post your new dress when you get it too!
Post a Comment