Monday, May 10, 2010
a whirlwind weekend
Graduation, Pinocchio, Young Women's Camp Fundraiser, Pediatric Boards Exam, Mother's Day... could we have fit more in one weekend? I think not, but it was extremely memorable.
My stomach hurt all week whenever I thought about Kindergarten Graduation. You see, T volunteered to play his guitar for the program. I was so nervous for him, but when it was time, he strummed out a perfectly played Rock Me Mozart as if it was no big deal. So, it was perfect despite the power outage that left me humming Pomp and Circumstance for the four graduates. What a mother in love with her child won't do.
As for Pinocchio, T even pulled out a spin in one of the dance numbers. It was a-mah-zing!
Randy feels very good about his test. Only one more hurdle to jump as he comes into the finish line of this residency. We're excited, but I feel an odd sense of loss. Loss at what our life has been for the last nine years, eternal students. Loss for the wonderful friends we have made here and will shortly be leaving. Change is hard for me.
Goal for the next seven weeks: enjoy every minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
a spin move? awesome!
wow and I thought my weekend was busy, did you actually not only homeschool but make a grad cap and gown too? you amaze me.....I can't believe Randy is almost done, where are you off to? Kentucky possibly?s
Post a Comment