Wednesday, July 8, 2009

a month's hiatus

Wow.
It's been a month since you've been graced by my thoughts.
Perhaps it's because my family has moved.
To what we affectionately call The Shack.
And not so affectionately Satan's Lair.
Ahh, what we won't do to save a buck, or several hundred.
It seemed like a good idea, but now...?
Let me share with you a few pictures or our new abode...
Really this house has it all, as long as you want to live as a minimalist.

Exhibit A:


Unassuming/terrifying/creepy (Tucker's assessment) front yard.
Should be able to scare all potential visitors.
I mean seriously, who needs friends?

Exhibit B:

Our one and ONLY bathroom, servicing family of 5.

Comes complete with smell of urine and ancient linoleum flooring.

Sure to bring any family together. Son pounding on the door saying he has GOT to go NOW!

Father yelling to son to relieve himself outside. Son horrified to tears. I mean, seriously, we are

growing closer by the day.


Exhibit C:


Mystery Door number 1.

What could be behind the door? My dryer of course. I find it a little disconcerting that I must

pass through Mosquito Alley and into Spider's Lair to use my dryer, but that which does not kill

us makes us stronger, yes?


Exhibit D:


My super-charming (read: how am I suppose to live in these conditions? the walls are closing in

around me! help!) kitchen comes complete with clothes washer. No dishwasher, but I can do my

laundry while making dinner. Nice.


All in all, I think we made a great choice. It ranks up there with moving into the Chateau Brickyard Retirement Community when we first got married, and the 18 hour move into my aunt's and uncle's home with the bedroom sharing a wall with my cousin. (Wasn't gonna happen, thank-you-very-much.)

Randy asked me while looking around our new home, "do you love me?"

Yes, dear, it's the only reason I'm still here.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe! Sweet place :) How long are you guys there? Have I mentioned I love the way you blog? You have a great way with pictures and words.

Life Is Good said...

Who's idea was this?

Unknown said...

Sigh, the idea was mostly mine, but Randy did take part. Thankfully it will only be one more year and I'm sure we will have many laughs about it, right? What's life without a bunch of crazy stories to tell your future granchildren?

Megan Dougherty said...

You hit it right on the nose Marne. You will have lots of fun stories to tell. Good luck in your new abode.

Janette said...

You are simply hilarious. I miss seeing you for that reason!

Ben & Carly said...

what I thought you guys were living the high life, but that looks eriely student life to me! welcome back! Is it weird I'm still jealous of your scary yard? you are one good wife, it will all pay off very soon. It crazy to hear Randy's voice the other day, I was having deja vu. I will call you soon, we need to chat....tell me you have a phone!

Gina Rochelle said...

I tried to convince Jamie to do something like this but he things I'm a nutty cheapskate and...well he's right.