Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm Sorry to Report, the World is Coming to an End

Or so my irrational fears keep telling me. Or maybe something/someone is trying to tell me something. No, I don't think the sky is actually falling. But I think the hard times we are experiencing now as a country are going to get worse. And I think it's going to be hard to get out of. And so I'm losing sleep over two words. What are they you wonder? I will tell you...

Be Prepared.
Are you?
I'm certainly not.
And that scares me. I have three kids. And my parents' and in-laws' food storage is far, FAR away. So there goes plan A.
Moving on to plan B. Taking care of myself. And now you can see why I am losing sleep. I know what I need to do:
1. pay off dental school loans. (gulp)
2. have a 72 hour kit for each person (almost a check... or in other words not ready)
3.have a 3 month supply of food
4. maintain a garden
Well, that's a start.
I have a lot to do. It's time to reevaluate some priorities. I really wanted this for Christmas:

and maybe this:
But I think we will be getting this:



At least it would keep us alive.

But, as an effort to always stay positive, someone around here DID get a new set of wheels:

Ya gotta love craigslist.

3 comments:

M-McClellan said...

I'm with you. I see the world turning. It scares me. I am not prepared. I just feel so over whelmed each time I think about it. I need to buckle down and start finishing the essentials in my food supply. I also need to throw together 72 hour kits. It has been on my mind a lot lately. So I know I really need to do something about it. Maybe we can give each other strength through this!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

I agree. It is all about "being prepared." Zoiks. And that is a big gulp from me too.

There are lots of online resources for 72-hour kits, if you need help.

celeste said...

the world is ending? what?!?! guess i'd better start stocking up on lemonheads...