
It has been a couple of days since my potential disaster, so I feel like I can talk about it without having a complete melt down. On Monday evening, I was heading to a homeschoolers meeting. I said good-bye to the family and headed for Randy's car. I started the car and was about to put it in reverse when I looked back and saw Randy behind my car with a panicked look on his face. I then saw him scoop down to pick Parley up. She was standing right behind the car and I could not see her at all. Please realize I was in Randy's teeny-tiny Corolla and I could not see her at all. She had followed me out the door because she wanted to come with me. This could have been a disaster had Randy not noticed that the garage door was open in the house and come running. He told me he was screaming at me to stop but I could not hear him. I feel like a do a good job of making sure no kids are behind me before I get in the car, but I did not stop to think that my child would follow me out to the car. So scary. Primary Children's hospital has a Spot the Tot website with tips on keeping your kids safe. My advice: Supervise children while a driver is leaving the house. I am so grateful for a quick thinking (and quick running) husband who saved my baby from disaster.
8 comments:
My heart started racing while reading your blog. I can't imagine how you felt (probably a nervous wreck). Thank you for sharing! It is definitely something I try to stay aware of.
How Scary Marne'. I am so glad that the disaster was avoided. Thanks for the warning.
Thank goodness for Randy's quick thinking. This very thing happened to my cousins little girl, but she was actually hit. Scary... a good reminder to be careful.
Wow, I am sorry that you had to go through that. I am glad that Parley is ok. Now we are all warned and hopefully can remember this next time we leave the house.
Scary stuff.
BTW-I'm enhoying your blog. I feel like I learn all kinds of stuff about you that I didn't know.
I had NO IDEA that you were a photographer. You are really talented!
Randy must´ve been inspired...glad she was not hit..love.m
Thank goodness everything turned out okay! I remember this same thing happening once when I was still with the Sandy PD (thank goodness it was my day off...I couldn't handle seeing that). It was, heart-breakingly, a fatality...and even the hardened, veteran officers that did respond were absolutely devastated. You can never be too careful...I'm glad it was just a scare!
Yikes! So scarey how easily those things can happen!
Post a Comment