Friday, May 16, 2008

MOOving Right Along


Well, we moved from Las Vegas about a month ago, just before Parley's birthday. In fact, we flew up the day before her birthday, and so she got to fly for free. We are now staying at my parent's until the big move across the country. We have had our ups and downs since we got here. Some of the highlights:


1. Parley's Birthday! She's two and we are so happy to have her in our family. She is so sweet, fun, and happy. She loves animals and it became apparent at Thanksgiving Point (where we met the above cow) how much more daring she is than Tucker. She wanted more rides on the pony while Tucker shrank in fear and made Dad hold his hand. My kids are so different....



2. Trip to Aquarium and Thanksgiving Point with cousins. It's been quite cold here until the last couple of days, so Thanksgiving Point proved to be difficult because of it. But the kids loved to see the animals (Tucker from a good ways away and Parley up close and personal).








3. Trip to the Hogle Zoo! So much fun! Tucker loved watching the cheetah run up and down the window. I believe he/she was trying to figure out how to eat my children. Parley said she loved the white alligator at first, but after a few moments said it was really scary! Extra bonus for me: being with my sisters Llilli and Shanna!





4. Yet another trip to the ER. Randy felt sick one afternoon with a severe headache. That night he had a fever, but the next morning afer some Tylenol he felt a little better. But that evening he had a high fever again and a throbbing headache. We took him to the doc the next morning and she told him to go to the ER to be checked for menigitis. After my complete melt down as Randy had to have a spinal tap, we received the good news: viral meningitis, not bacterial. He's starting to feel much better. Sad side note: we are missing Randy's graduation today. We decided not to travel to Las Vegas since he's just mending from meningitis and I am so close to giving birth. Randy is not sad about it at all, but I'm devestated. I have looked forward to this day for seven years, but we are trying to party here anyway.



5. Randy and I celebrated our 7th anniversary and Mother's Day on the same day. Well, celebrated is probably not the right word. Randy was down with meningitis, and I was missing my mom, but Tucker made me a cute flower made out of tissue paper in Primary. It's the little things that count.



Overall, we are happy and excited for our new little one to come into the world. We are anxious to move to our new place and start our residency. Two more years baby!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy frijoles! Sounds like a lot of good fun and a lot of "oh man oh man oh man!"

I'm so excited for you and your family though. Sounds like good stuff overall. Woohoooo!

Team Shelton said...

Wow I thought that maybe you had fallen off of the blogging earth, but it just sounds like you have been pure crazy. I hope things go well for you guys, especially the new baby and the move.

Tara L. said...

Wow, what a crazy time you have had. How are you feeling? When are you moving? Did you guys sell your condo? Good to hear from you. Keep in touch.

Kelleen said...

Only 3 more days and we get to see you! It stinks having so much happen and being so far away and not able to help out with anything.

Megan Dougherty said...

I just started blogging and found your family site and saw your widget ticker. I can't believe you only have two more weeks! How are you feeling? On a side note the picture you have of Parley on the sidebar is absolutely beautiful! What a cutie she is! Hope all is well!

Gina Rochelle said...

Cute pics! Poor Randy, hope he's feeling better! With only 2 weeks left for baby you need a strong healthy husband :-). When you get to Tennessee/Arkansas bring your new little baby to Atlanta to visit us. Tell Parley we have lots of places to see animals.

Gina Rochelle said...

Hey Marne,
You neeed to post a pregnant pic (if it's not too late). You've always talked about the humongo belly of yours and I'd like to judge for myself. I kinda regret not taking pregnant pics and now I may never get to.