I have been a slacker. I have not posted for a very long time. In my own defense, life has been crazy. Lots of traveling, lots of kids, and lots to do. We discovered we were having another baby at Halloween, which adds to the craziness of life, but we are excited. The baby will be arriving sometime in June. Thanksgiving and Christmas were spent in Utah with family. Two weeks after we got home from Christmas in Utah, I was able to go to my parents' BY MYSELF for their farewell. So much fun. A huge thanks to my devoted husband who took care of my kids for four days all by himself. I came home and the house was spotless!
We recently found out that Randy has been accepted for a pediatric residency in Memphis. So, it is across the country we go. I was shocked for the first day, but the news has settled in. I'm happier about it, but the recent tornadoes there has really got me worried. Randy starts July 1st, and so I am really hoping this baby comes early.Tucker started seriously reading a couple of weeks ago. He is doing so great! He reads sentences with eight plus words and is so happy! He is practicing his handwriting and currently learning to count by fives to hundred. He is learning so quickly! He cannot wait for the new baby to arrive and felt the baby kick yesterday. He is really hoping for a boy. He and Parley have gone from mildly interested in each other to best friends. I thought my little girl would be prim and proper, but Tucker has taught her how to wrestle as intensely as he does.
Parley is as active and fun as ever. We can often find her pushing her stool around to get her own snacks and toys. I have found her on top of the dresser in her room trying to get into her crib. How she got on top of her dresser I'll never know. She pretends she is reading while big brother is practicing his reading... so cute! She loves to have stories read to her, which her two nursery leaders are m0re than willing to do. She can sing almost the entire ABC song by herself and can now identify the letter A in any word. My kids are growing up so fast! She often pretends she is calling Grandma and Kelli on the my cell phone.
As for the title of this post... it is dedicated to my father-in-law. Every time we talk to him on the phone he asks when I will update our blog. He apparently likes to show his co-workers his cute grandkids. So, Bob this is for you. Brag away.
5 comments:
Carter and I are totally enjoying your blog today. Good luck in Tennessee...what a big move! Congrats on the baby on the way, too. What a lot of changes for your family! We'll be in touch!
I was so excited to see that you updated your blog...and then I read it!! Congrats on adding another darling Blair to the bunch!! That is so exciting!
A move to Memphis? I have never been, but Greg has and he really likes it :) Besides, I am sure that it cannot possibly be a warm as LV, right?
Well, let me know next time you are coming to Utah. Even if everyone does not get together, I would love to have you guys come over and visit.
Hopefully the pregnancy will fly by!! Also, I hope you all are doing great :)
Carly
Parley is more than welcome to really call me anytime she wants. I can't believe Tucker can read! Well I looked up tickets from NYC to Memphis and they were not as cheap as I would have liked or hoped, but I'll work something out so I can come visit.
Happy Valentines Day!!! Hope is was great :)
Alright, through SERIOUS trial(prob 6 -7 hours of trying to figure it out) and error I figured out the whole blog layout mystery. BUT, I recently saw a link to this blog, and it basically tells you exactly what you need to do for the custom blog set up. It REALLY helps, and even gives extra info for whatever you want to do.
http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/
Also, if you go to www.pyzam.com you can choose a layout that is already done, and it is very easy.
Hope this helps!! :)
Let me know if you have any questions, I will be happy to help :)
Post a Comment