Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rewind: A Celebration of Parley







Posted by Picasa


Parley turned five a few weeks ago and requested to go on a hike.

We honored her wishes by taking a stroll down by the river.

I use the term "river" loosely here since I've lived by the

Mighty Mississippi.

(Which by the way is flooding, but we are so relieved to hear our friends are safe.)

They may call it the Rio Grande, but it's lacking a bit in its grande-ness.

Ahywho-

the day was lovely.

Great snacks.

Perfect weather.

And a snake to boot.

It crossed our path on his way to see his girlfriend I'm sure.

He paid us no heed, but my children were ecstatic.

Piper was hoping to hold it.

She also wanted to hold the trantula we found in our backyard.

I love that girl.

And we are loving the Wild West.


And by the way, my big brother reads my blog? I am so excited.

I dedicate this post to him. :)

4 comments:

celeste said...

SNAKE!!!!!!!!!

DC said...

Oh what an honor! My first dedication! I'm flattered! Now send me a donut!

DC said...

I meant to say doughnut of course. See I should have come along for some lernin'--to Krispy Kreme that is, Hiking is too much physical exertion.

The Andersons said...

These hike pictures make me feel homesick. Although I could do without the snake.