Tuesday, June 2, 2009

more about my youngest

Isn't it wonderful how you can be just as amazed and happy with your third child as you were about your first? I got a lot of comments after having Parley that I could be finished now. One of each. Don't people understand the pure joy you receive with each and every child?
That's exactly the feeling I have had with my Piper.
What a surprise she was-

-surprised she was a girl. I was convinced she would be a boy. I did NOT believe Randy when he checked and told me after she was born.
-surprised how little laboring with her hurt. Uncomforable, yes, pain no. I was also PLEASANTLY surprised how calm the entire experience was, and I have Randy to thank for a lot of that peace.
-surprised with how large she was. Birthing her without meds was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I think if I had been immobilzed by drugs she would have been stuck worse than she was with her broad shoulders, and a curse because I'll admit, the birthing part hurt.
-surprised with how she took my breath away. Even after two others.

No comments: