I love surprises.
And when I came home I was not disappointed.
Not only did my man come through for me with a dozen gorgeous roses, but I was also shocked to discover that the South had bloomed into springtime. Even in my sad little yard.
So, in honor of spingtime, a collection of pictures of my new garden...




I think everyone needs a piece of nature in their lives. A place to cultivate and love and nurture. A place to become one with the dirt. Something that helps you to slow down and appreciate the simple things in life. What are you growing?
5 comments:
We're growing bright pink roses, basil, vegetables, and a baby redbud tree (seriously, it's barely taller than my kids!) This post has inspired me to take some pictures and add it to my blog. Thanks!
I love your planters. What are you growing in there? Did you buy them or make them?
Janaan-
Randy built those planters with wood from the neighbor. We are at the peak of cheap! We are (hopefully) growing tomatoes, bell peppers, sugar snap peas, watermelon, zuccini, basil,cilantro, marigolds, lettuce, and spinach.
Can you grow big watermelons in those little grids? You'll have to post some pics when you're vegs. appear.
Gina-
I read in Square Foot Gardening that I can trellis all my vine growing plants so they grow vertically. We shall see...
Post a Comment