we read the Velveteen Rabbit
last night for family home evening.
a little research into Tucker's play
if you will.
"Real isn't how you are made... It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real... by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
In the Blair house
we get this.
a few examples...
Bear
who belongs to the
patriarch of this home
Doggy who belongs to Piper.
She can't sleep without him.
(thanks Michelle!)
And last but not least
Ducky.
He who has been mocked
by those-who-will-not-be-named.
He who was almost resold
when Tucker left him at the store.
(seriously, the worker at Wal-Mart
found him and re-shelved him on the
clearance aisle)
He who has slept with Tuck
since he was 8 months old.
These toys are real to us.
And we wouldn't have it any other way.
6 comments:
That bear is so old!
We gave Ryan's racoon 'Reggie' to Marley's friend Junior. . . maybe I should have kept it.
We just read this book last week too. In fact, it was the missing book at the library today (maybe it's real and climbed out of the library bag to the garden). By the way, the sweet puppy lovey you gave Andrew has become Real as his bedtime lovey.Thanks!
I am so glad that Piper loves that bear. Wow, I forgot about it. It was nice and soft.
Oops I mean doggy. Either way still a soft cuddly doggy!
I love ducky! Brent and I always thought Tucker was so cool to have a DUCK that he loved so much.
Post a Comment