I wish I felt like this all the time.
At the top of my game.
No one's words or actions can hold me down.
And I don't care what others think of my
juice mustache.
Nice.
My personal steps to greatness:
1. Great dressed before 2:00 p.m.
This is in no way indicative of my level of laziness.
Quite the opposite.
Chasing my kids around.
Getting them dressed.
Brushing teeth.
Stopping the 50th argument of the day.
Homeschooling.
And suddenly it's afternoon.
But getting dressed and brushing my hair
helps me feel better about myself.
Maybe I should get dressed FIRST.
Hmmm.
2. Let no one offend me.
I too often allow others to own me
by allowing their words to bother me.
I am a stay-at-home mom by
CHOICE.
I allow my husband to provide for us
monetarily.
Not only do I feel that this is actually true feminism,
But I also feel that this allows any pride to be dissolved.
I help him and he helps me.
Not because we can't take care of ourselves,
but because we are better
TOGETHER.
3. Embrace the "extra" me I have.
I weigh more than I did before
I had babies.
But I am still me.
Yes, I'd like to be the
BEST ME.
I will eat well and exercise hard.
And if I'm still carrying the extra pounds,
I will try to embrace it.
(sigh. why is this so difficult?)
Why can't I be more like the hippos on
Madagascar 2?
(Have you seen it? I must admit I thought it was hilarious)
here's to being more like my son...

3 comments:
truly insightful, I loved every paragraph..probably because I can relate. I think it is part of women to constantly expect more of ourselves. this can be good but sometimes we need to step back and see just how well we are doing right now. you are doing well, you inspire me to pick up my game quite often! oh and Tucker sure looks cute with a juice mustache.
That picture is awesome Marne. I too can relate. I so wish you still lived here. Oh, and I loved Madagascar 2 and so did Lindsay. She calls it the Move it Move it movie. Silly girl. I LOVE the hippos!! Miss you!
YEAH to Feminism! I saw the hippos too, and yes they are hilarious. I always tell my puppies, I like them cause they BIIIIGG, they chunky, Round. Haha, it was pretty funny!
~ Nicole
Post a Comment