Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rainy Days and Book Reviews

Tucker finished Randy's favorite book,The BFG! Here is his book review (especially for his Grandmas)-

Tucker's Review:

The BFG stands for the Big Friendly Giant. My favorite part was when the Fleshlumpeater had a bad dream (about Jack the giant killer) and he punched another giant and kicked the other. And then they started to fight. Another favorite part was when the Bloodbottler ate the snozzcumber and spit it out! The BFG was a good book! My favorite, favorite part was when the BFG grizzed (family word for "breaking wind"). The way the BFG says griz is whizpop. I liked this book!

The Bonecrunching giant

I love you and I know you love me.

4 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Awesome!!!!!! I loved the review.

Unknown said...

I love the book review!!! way to go Tucker.

Megan Dougherty said...

I just learned more about my own husband from reading Tucker's review than I ever have before. As a girl (and I see this in Maddy) I was so afraid of giants and monsters. Now I can't stand watching intense, violent movies. My husband on the other hand can watch the same movies with out blinking. They don't scare him or make him fearful like they do me. NOW I KNOW! I BET HE READ BOOKS LIKE THIS WHEN HE WAS A BOY! Boys just aren't phased by monsters or giants. So funny the difference between us.

celeste said...

very insightful review, tucker!

who doesn't love roald dahl? (it is my humble opinion that "james and the giant peach" = one of the greatest books of all time. aside from scripture, i guess. if you like that stuff. :)) liv also loved the lesser-known but very good "fantastic mr. fox"--a real nail-biter that one.

p.s. i'm pretty sure "the bfg" was every man's favorite book. one can only guess why.