Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sisters Day

I heard somewhere that a couple of days ago was Sisters' Day. So, here's to the ladies that I have the honor to call sisters:


Family Reunion 2007- one month after my sister Llilli diagnosed with cancer. I've learned a lot from her of strength and faith.


Thank you for being beautiful inside and out. You show me how to be a great mother, a great woman, and a great friend. You make me want to be a better woman.


Yes, that blonde one is my sister as well. She may be my brother's wife, but she is just as much my sister. Love you Shan!

Thank you for being a little bit quirky. It makes life more fun.

Llilli with Piper shortly after birth.


Thank you for being there for my life's most precious and most vulnerable moments. It means so much to know that I can call you at the crack of down and you will be there to share my happiness and my pain.

Thank you for being interested in and loving my children. Thank you for having so many kids so my kids have built-in friends.

Celeste has always been able to make me the laugh the hardest.

Thank you for the good times. We live very far apart, but distances doesn't diminish our ability to have a good laugh of two or three.



I think you guys are the best. So funny, so spiritual, so happy, so faithful, so strong. Thanks for being my sisters!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

We must be on the same wave length. I was JUST thinking about doing a tribute to my 'sistas' post. I didn't even know we just celebrated 'sisters day'! I just thought it'd be fun.....hmmm. I must have subconsciously heard it somewhere. So if you see a sisters post on my blog in the near future.....I promise I didn't copy you:)!

Cute post.....love ya too, mars.

Shanna said...

Oh and BTW.....when I do my 'sisters' post I think I'll use a picture or two of C at your b'day. You know....the really cute ones of her at Raphaels that L took. You don't mind do ya, C? J/K. I wouldn't be THAT mean.