Randy finished dental school in April. It was an end to a long and often difficult part of Randy's desire to become a pediatric dentist. Circumstances being what they were (I moving to Utah to give birth during my 8th month, and Randy coming down with a case of viral meningitis), we missed Randy's graduation. Randy is not much for being in the spotlight, nor is he much for ceremonies, and he didn't much care that we didn't travel to Las Vegas to attend his hooding ceremony. For me, this was heartbreaking. I had been looking forward to seeing him cross the stage and be given his hood for seven years. Isn't that like getting married and not going on the honeymoon?
And now here we are in Podunk, USA, moving on to the next part of Randy's education. The people at school and the hospitals he works at call him Dr. Blair. It strikes me as odd and slightly funny. Randy has worked so hard, and he's earned that title. So here's to my husband... I only wish I could have seen you in your lilac hood! I know you will make a great pedodontist.



1 comment:
I can't wait for that day either. David and I talk about it all the time. We were so sad for you when we found out you missed the graduation. There's just something about graduations that is really fulfilling. Congratulations on your great accomplishment Randy!!! You are going to be an excellent addition to the profession.
Post a Comment