Monday, July 21, 2008

Good News!




After many shed tears (at least on my part), our home in Las Vegas is finally sold. The real estate market in LV is horrific right now, so we are glad that things have come through for us. The foreclosure rate there is crazy! But, part of me is really sad as well. This was our first home. We put a lot of sweat into it (at least Randy put a lot of sweat into it.) We have great memories of our little condo. Our first time away from family as a couple, the birth our first little daughter, great friends (we miss you!), and crazy neighbors! Tucker misses so many of you (Aidan, Maddie, Peyton, Olivia).
But we are glad for our next phase of life.. Goodbye little condo!

7 comments:

Megan Dougherty said...

So sad, but congratulations at the same time! I hope you were able to sell it for a reasonable profit. I just read the other day that Las Vegas is #1 in the nation for value decrease of homes. On a side note I was thinking the other day about your delivery and wondering how it went. If you have time email me megjaydougherty@gmail.

Tara L. said...

Congratulations Marne. I wish you were but excited for your new adventures. I would love to hear about your delivery too.

llilli said...

woo-hoo!! it's finally sold! i'm so happy for you. it's always hard to say goodbye to a house, but really, the memories are held in the people, not the house. so, take a deep breath. it's done. now celebrate!

Team Shelton said...

Yeah we couldn't be happier for you.
We are keeping a tight watch on the market lately wondering if it is a good time to buy; especially when we have had so many friends have a hard time with resale. But I am glad you have that burden off your back!

Ben & Carly said...

good for you..it seriously is a terrible market here right now, our neighbors have had their place up for a year. I am happy for you, this is a well timed miracle! I am jealous of your "middle of nowhere" town...I wish I was in the country too. Olivia asked me the other day where Tucker went..man is it just me or did your four years fly by. we miss you

Gina Rochelle said...

were we the crazy neighbors? :) I'm so jealous, we still have our condo and it is a cause of great stress in my life! But congratulations!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say - what crazy neighbors? We didn't have any crazy neighbors. Did you live where I did? It was a totally normal area. I wish I still lived there. Just kidding!! Congrats on selling - it gives me some hope. Congrats on the new babe!! You sure make cute kids!! Miss you! Kara