Our new home
After five days of traveling, we finally arrived. It's not what I imagined. We live in a very tiny town, and I feel like a fish out of water. There are only a handful of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints here. Not something I am accostumed to at all. Yes, I use to live in Sin City, but there were a surprising number of members there. Our branch has about 40 members. But they are nice. We live in the Bible belt and there is a Baptist church on every corner. Another thing I am not accustomed to. Things I have realized since moving here:
1. Never eat at a place called Big John's even if your neighbor invites you. Celeste- your IP problems are my IP problems.
2. Wearing overalls to church is completely acceptable, just class it up with a sports coat.
3. When your neighbor tells you a store is all the way downtown that means it's about 5 miles away.
I'm sure I'll learn more about country living in the next two years. I am grateful that we have great neighbors that have kids my kids ages. Tuck is having a blast going to ask if his friends can play all by himself, and I am trying to let him be independent.
Stay tuned to what things I will learn next about living in the south...

5 comments:
Oh my gosh! LOL! Sounds like life in the South will be a real growing experience :)
So glad you guys made it safe and sound. Your house is cute!
I'm glad that you made it. I wish you were here though.
Yeah, I'm excited that you posted about your new location. I have been waiting in anticipation for so long. :)
~ Nicole
are you sure you're living in the south? looks like herriman, utah to me...btw, you ate at a place called "big john's"? hello! rule #1: never eat anywhere named "big" anything (= big problems, if you know what i mean).
haha welcome to the south! I just had some Jehovah Witnesses over today and my neighbor has never even heard of mormons. I'm fixin to get ya'll some southern culture Blairs. And yeah for being in a house! Did you guys sell your condo?
Post a Comment